At 5:00 pm Upper Chichester Township issued a “Declaration of Disaster Emergency” for the potential impact of Winter Storm Stella. Will some of this declaration is a formality there are a few things you need to know as a resident.
– Open Rec hours for the Monday, March 13, 2017 and Tuesday, March 14, 2017 have been cancelled.
– Tuesday, March 14, 2017’s Trash and Recycling route will be picked up on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 along with Wednesday’s route.
– Township Officials urge all motorists to abide by all travel restrictions put in place by Governor Wolf’s “Proclamation of Disaster”. http://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/PEMA-Details.aspx?newsid=69
– Township Officials urge all residents to assist the Highway staff before, during, and immediately after the storm, by clearing vehicles from the township roadways.
– Please make sure you clear your sidewalks including at least a 3ft radius surrounding any fire hydrant within 48 hours of the cessation of the storm.
– Finally, please check in on, and assist any and all disabled and elderly residents.