There are 50 miles of roads in the Township; 40 miles are Township roads and 10 miles are State highways. Township roads are maintained by the Township Public Works Department. The Department is responsible for resurfacing, patching, signs, storm water drainage, street lights, and snow removal, along with various other responsibilities.


To report potholes or street light issues on township roads, please contact the office with detailed information pertaining to the issue, especially the location.

For issues pertaining to state roads please call PennDot at 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623) or CLICK HERE to register your complaint with PennDot.

Tree Limbs and Branches

Homeowners with trees along roads, streets, sidewalks, curbs or alleys are to keep the branches trimmed so that no part shall have a clearance of less than eight (8) feet above public sidewalk and/or twenty (20) feet above the surface of any public roadway, street, or alley.

Failure to comply may cause the Township to correct the situation. The cost of such abatement will be charged to the property owner, and a lien may be field against the property.

Signs & Street Lights

If anyone notices a sign (stop sign, street sign, etc) down/missing OR having issues with street lights (blinking, out, etc) please call the Public Works Department at 484-483-7215 or complete a COMPLAINT message here. This option gives you the ability to upload any pictures to help us assist you. When reporting please include as much information as possible such as, street address, light pole number (yellow tags w/ black numbers), intersection, etc.

Stay Up-To-Date with Road Closures

Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 860 traffic cameras. 511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.

Frequently Asked Questions

File a Complaint